6/03/2011

Memorial Day Car Show

This Memorial Day (may 30) I took the bike to the San Diego Cool cars show at Quall comm stadium in San Diego California. This is the 1st time I have entered this bike in any show. It was alot of fun! Talking with the people for me was the best part. Most people enjoyed my creation and had some Honda trail bike experience to share. Some thought It was some kind of parody, a joke or a non-working prop, I was expecting some of this. I did not build this for anyone but myself, and I am fine with bringing a smile to some ones face!
I took the 71 QA50 hoping I could ride it, great idea! There where 2 Chinese pocket rockets and a few old school mower motor powered mini bikes roaming around! Next time I will be better prepaired with a table and some pix from this blog to show the progression of the CT90. So many great cars at this show I could make a blog of just those pix! Not very many bikes, was hoping there was a bike only trophy but not so. It would have been nice to win something, but no,,sigh,,,sniff,,sniff,,,, But hey, I didn't get beat up and thrown out! 
Now this is what a custom car show is all about! These stroller/wagon whatever you wanna call them are COOL! I thought just 1 pic of them would be ok.
It was a all around fun,first of summer event!
After the show I tilted the QA bars and put it under the cover of my truck and the ct on the bumper carrier and took it to downtown San Diego. Parked the truck in Balbao park and road the chopper all over down town and the harbour district! Turned many heads even though I had lots of compitition from everyone with a hot rod,custom, lowrider, kit car, exotic,classic,ect. After all it is Southern California!

No comments:

Post a Comment